House of Silver offers the best of show plating for your projects.
We pride ourselves on service to commercial and industrial markets as well as your personal pieces. This includes plating, polishing, repair and restoration of a wide range of items. We can also provide advice on caring for your newly plated, restored, repaired, or polished item.
silver (holloware, candelabra, flatware)
industrial silver (electrical contacts)
gold (church objects)
chrome (car and truck parts, motorcycles, wood stove parts, bar stools, table bases)
nickel (heater grates, barber chair parts, stove parts)
brushed nickel (cabinet hardware and handles, hooks and other accessories)
ZINC PLATING IN ACCORDANCE WITH ASTM B633
Type I as plated no supplementary treatment
Type II with coloured chromate conversion coatings
Type III with colourless chromate conversion coatings
All zinc plating processes are RoSH compliant.
REPAIR AND RESTORATION
white metal / zinc diecast
POLISHING SERVICES AVAILABLE
titanium (medical equipment)
QUOTES AND PRICING
House of Silver is happy to provide quotes. In order to provide a fair and reasonable estimate it is essential for us to see the item in our shop.
Upon receipt of your order, all items are documented. The type of material, condition and detail of the parts are all considered when providing a quote. We will contact you with a price and seek your approval before starting the job. Minimum order charge is $100.00.
Occasionally, after we strip and clean a piece - cracks, dents and deterioration appear that were not originally noticed by you or us. We will notify you immediately in these cases, and additional repair charges may apply.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
We require a 50% deposit before beginning any work. The deposit is non-refundable, and is applied to the final bill.
House of Silver accepts two methods of payment - cash or business cheque. While personal cheques are also accepted, shipping will likely be delayed, as shipping will only take place after the cheque has cleared.
In-shop time varies upon the size and type of job. All jobs are completed in the order in which they are received. Restoration of pot metal and jobs requiring repair work and a show quality finish take more time to complete making it difficult to guarantee a completion date.
To check on the progress of your job, remember to provide your contact details to us in your original order, and provide your job order if you call.
It is generally recognized that even after employing all the science known to us and capable people with years of training, there still remain hazards in the electroplating and metal finishing fields. As a consequence, in order to avoid misunderstandings, following are conditions under which your materials will be accepted by House of Silver for processing:
- Whenever we are given materials with detailed instructions as to treatment, our responsibility shall end with the carrying out of those instructions. Type of material, tolerances and specifications for processing shall be declared in writing prior to our processing.
- Our liability for any cause is limited to the cost of direct labour and material of the product directly damaged by our process or three times our processing charges on such materials, whichever is the lesser. Charges for our services are based on this policy limiting our liability.
- Liability greater than that outlined in paragraph 2 above will be assumed by us only when so agreed in writing by us. In such event a higher charge may be made for our services.
- Parts, materials, etc. as processed by us shall be presumed to be accepted as satisfactory by you if we are not notified of damages, shortages or other discrepancies within 10 working day of your receipt of the same.
- Rejected parts must be returned to us for rework. Further processing or assembly of rejected parts, materials, etc., by you or any other party shall constitute a waiver of any liability on our part.
- Where operations or processes performed by us are in the nature of "salvaging" parts or materials, the work is accepted on a "best effort" basis and no liability shall attach to us unless previously agreed upon in writing prior to processing the job.
- In the event that results of metal finishing operations are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, changes in grade or composition of materials, manufacturing and/or fabrication imperfections, usages for which the plating or other finishing operation was not reasonably designed, and similar variables over which we have no control, the customer would be required to pay the contracted amount for the finishing operation performed.
We are sure you will agree with us that the conditions above set forth are realistic and reasonable and that acceptance of the material for processing subject to such conditions will permit us to continue to provide quality metal finishing at an economical price.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell, share or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any personal database information we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.